An element influences another by passing objects.
An enterprise functions through the way its parts influence each other to produce an aggregated result no single part can produce alone. Understanding and improving the effectiveness and ease with which things flow through the enterprise and its elements helps it function efficiently and effectively.
- An organisational unit or team relies on information from another team to do a task.
- A business pays another by transferring money.
- A business process involves data passed from one information system or software to another.
- A supply chain involves transferring raw materials and physical goods between locations.
- Team collaboration relies on the flow of energy and attention.
- A public enterprise's purpose is influenced by a prerequisite goal: obtaining the necessary budget.
- Design ways to enable communication between people.
- Design a sequence of activities to optimise processes.
- Understand the sequence of people's tasks in the form of journeys.
- Identify flows between organisational units in organisational design.